Naturalguard is effective against deadly pathogens of swine, like the African Swine Fever Virus. It is also effective against pathogens infecting other species such as chicken. Furthermore, it has been proven to help enhancing the growth of cattle and to significantly reduce the transportation stress levels
Rhea Natural Sciences has developed Naturalguard as a feed additive which is widely used in animal farms in Vietnam, China and Indonesia.
Naturalguard is comprised of ingredients from 3 essential oils:
Isobornyl acetate is an active component extracted from Pinus oil. Amongst other components, it has been known for a long time for its anti-microbial activities.
Linalool is an active component extracted from Lavandula oil. The immunomodulatory properties and antimicrobial properties of have been well documented, even against multidrug-resistant Staphylococcus aureus strains.
Cineole is an active component extracted from Eucalyptus oil. Essential oil extracted from various Eucalyptus plant species contains many pharmacologically active compounds which are useful as antimicrobial agents. Essential oil ingredients from Eucalyptus species were reported to possess antimicrobial activity especially against emerging multidrug-resistant bacterial strains such as MRSA, which makes them attractive alternatives to standard antibiotics.
Summary of Naturalguard’s observed biological activities on preventing pathogen transmission and enhancing growth performance
Published Research Studies
- Agus A, Babikian H, Hanim C, Jha RK, Davtyan T (2021) Effect of Natural Oil Blend Formulation (NOBF) on milk production and productivity in dairy Cattle. Accepted in Asian J. Poult. Sci. for publication.
- Truong QL, Nguyen LT, Nguyen HT, Babikian H., Jha RK, To TL (2021). Natural Oil Blend Formulation (NOBF) as an anti- African Swine Fever Virus (ASFV) agent in Primary Porcine Alveolar Macrophases (PAM) cells of Swine. Veterinary World, 14(3): 794-802. doi: www.doi.org/10.14202/vetworld.2021.794-802.
- Babikian HY, Jha RK, Truong QL, Nguyen LT, Babikyan Y, Nguyen HT, To TL, Agus A (2021) Novel formulation with essential oils as a potential agent to minimize African swine fever virus transmission in an in vivo trial in swine, Veterinary World, 14(7): 1853-1866. doi: www.doi.org/10.14202/vetworld.2021.1853-1866.
- Lestari,K.,H.Babikian,Y.Babikyan,I.Megantara,R.K.Jha,A.S.W.Kusuma,M.P.Novantianaand F.XaveriusSudirman,2021.Deactivationofavian infectious bronchitis virus H120 using natural oil blend on in vitro medium. Asian J. Poult. Sci., 15: 24-30.
5.Babikian,H.,R.K.Jha,A.Agus,M.A.AnasandC.Hanim,2021.Impactofnaturaloilblendformulation(NOBF)oncalvesduringtransportation.Asian J. Anim. Vet. Adv., 16: 14-19.
- Lestari K, Babikian H, Babikyan Y, Davtyan TK, Jha RK, Manukyan G, Diantini A, Febriyanti M (2020). Anti-oxidant and Anti-free Radical Activities of Natural oil blend formulation: Implication for immune regulation and potential adjuvant treatment in infectious diseases. 10(2). AJBSR.MS.ID.001491. DOI: 10.34297/AJBSR.2020.10.001491.
- Lâm TQ, GS. Lan NT, Hoa NT, Thành TL, Phương HT, Babikian HY, Jha RK (2020) Dịch tả lợn châu Phi và giải pháp ngăn chặn tại Việt Nam- SHORT COMMUNICATION – in vitro trial to determine the efficacy of Naturalguard on African Swine Fever Virus in Vietnam. To be published in Journal of Animal Farming, Ministry of Agriculture, Vietnam
- Babikian HY, Jha, RK, Agus A,Alanas M, Hanim C (2020) Efficacy of Natural Herbal Formulation “Naturalguard” as AGP replacement on Swine Productivity in Indonesia. International Journal of Current Advanced Research, 9:02.
- Babikian HY, Jha, RK, Agus A,Alanas M, Hanim C (2019) Increasing in Productivity of Laying Hen fed by Naturalguard essential oil supplementation. International Journal of Current Advanced Research, 8:11.